Kettlebells are the primary tool but the strength and motivation comes from within. A healthy diet, clean living and regular exercise are the best weapons against aging.
K.E.T.T.L.E. Phases Training Program
I want to let you know about my training program called the K.E.T.T.L.E. Phases Program. It's a versatile, multi-phased kettlebell program designed to progress the committed individual into tip top athletic condition, reaching or exceeding their potential mentally and physically.
Initiation begins showing up excited to be different from your previous self. It's about classing up and it's up to you to get moving with it.
The entire program takes about 9 months and includes lessons in form and strength. It also includes milestone tests to track progress and maintain growth. Kettlebell Certification is even an option at the end of the program.
- Indoctrine – Introduction into proper kettlebell use and form and classroom. In this phase expectations will be set.
- Buildup – More kettlebell training and bodyweight strength training. This will include Physical Training In (PT IN) Test.
- Phases I, II and III – These phases will build upon each other, increasing your athleticism and expertise with the kettlebell. The skills you learn in these phases you will never forget and they apply in every athletic lesson.
- (see the standards for PT In Tests and each phase below)
Form Inspection Minimums For Every Phase
All Phases will require form inspections which consists of:
- 75 Turkish Get Ups
- 300 front squats (single or double)
- 300 cleans and presses per side or doubles
- 500 single kettlebell snatches.
Once form inspections are complete, the student can test out. These numbers will reset at the beginning of each phase.
K.E.T.T.L.E. Phases Schedule at I.D. Gym
Monday: 6am, 7am, 8am; 7pm Phase 1-3
Tuesday: 6am, 7am, 8am Indoctrine and Buildup
Wednesday: 6am, 7am, 8am Phase 1-3
Thursday: 5:30pm Indoctrine, Buildup; 6:30pm Phase 1-3
Friday: 6am, 7am, 8am Phase 1-3
K.E.T.T.L.E Phases Pricing
For $180, students will begin the first 3 months of K.E.T.T.L.E. Phases program. This Program is offered to non-members at very reasonable prices
- This may be paid in full or in monthly installments of $60.
- 10 class packages are available for $90.
- I.D. Gym Members may enroll as an addition to their I.D. Gym membership.
TESTS AND PHASE STANDARDS
PT IN STANDARDS
- Sit and reach measurement
- 2 minutes of push ups
- 2 minutes of sit ups
PT OUT STANDARDS
- Sit and reach touching the toes
- Females must complete 60 crunches in 2 minutes and 20 push ups in 2 minutes
- Males must complete 80 crunches in 2 minutes and 40 push ups in 2 minutes.
PHASE I PT OUT STANDARDS:
Females must complete the following:
- Flexed arm hang for 30 seconds
- 1 Turkish Get Up with 8kg on each side
- 5 Double Clean and Presses with 8 kg
- Snatch test: 70 snatches in 5 min with 8 kg
- 5 Double Kettlebell Front Squat with two 8 kg
Men must complete the following:
- 3 complete non-kipping, chest to bar pull ups
- 1 Turkish get up each side with 20 kg
- 5 Double Kettlebell Clean and Press with two 16 kg
- Snatch test: 70 reps with 16 kg in 5 min
- 5 Double Kettlebell Front Squat with 16 kg
PHASE II PT OUT STANDARDS:
Females must complete the following:
- 2 strict pull ups
- 55 push ups in 2 min
- 1 Turkish Get Up each side with 16 kg
- 1 clean and press each side with 16 kg
- Snatch test: 100 reps in 5 min with 12kg or 16 kg (women over 129 lbs)
- Single clean and jerks, 10 each side with 12 kg
Males must complete the following:
- 8 strict form pull ups
- 88 push ups in 2 min
- 1 Turkish Get up each side with 32 kg
- 1 Clean and press each side with 32 kg
- Snatch test: 100 reps in 5 min with 24 kg
- Single clean and jerk, 10 each side with 24 kg
In Phase III the program hits full stride, form will be perfect and the body will be stronger and more mobile that it has ever been.
Once the student completes all phases they will be strong enough to pursue a kettlebell instructor certification. If they decide to get certified through the RKC or SFG organizations then they can test one more time to become a K.E.T.T.L.E Phases Instructor.
K.E.T.T.L.E Phases Instructor PT In Test
A SFG level one or RKC level one certificate must be earned.
- Turkish Get up each side with 100 lbs; women 50 lbs
- Barbell Deadlift twice own bodyweight
- 25 strict pull ups; women 8 strict pull ups
- 3 strict ring muscle ups; women 1 strict muscle up
- 20 single clean and jerks each side with 24 kg; women 12 kg.